Thursday, February 9, 2012

the collectors: miniature cars with judy kaufmann





....................

i just love seeing what folks are collecting. i guess i kind of feel it tells us just a little bit about what inspires them, what they love, and what they choose to surround themselves with in their home. today, i'm delighted to present the next in the rikrak studio's collections series:  quick questions with a wonderful artist on what they're collecting, (apart from their art supplies! ) you can also check out my  *the collectors* series on Etsy, based on these posts! hope you'll just love judy kaufmann's charming minature cars collection!

....................
it's an absolute PLEASURE to showcase today's fabulous collection, curated by a  graphic artist i absolutely adore. after you've oogled at judy kaufmann's beautiful mini cars, be sure to sure to visit her dynamite print & prints shop, where each & every beautiful design will inspire.

thanks so much, judy!


judy kaufmann
site | shop | twitter | blog
...................


who (are you) : I'm Judy Kaufmann, a Barcelona based Illustrator who likes to
draw animals, people, houses, cars, trees and everything repeatedly. I work as a Freelance illustrator and I sell my prints on Etsy also.

what (are you collecting) : miniature cars.

when (did you start) : The first memory I have is from when I was 4 years old and stole a toy car from a boy in my preschool. That car was probably the first in my collection.

how (many do you have?): Almost 80.

where (do you find them) :
Everywhere: I received many of them from my best friend, my twin sister gave me a lot of them, my close friends all know I collect them and give them to me for birthdays, my ex-boyfriend left me about half of his childhood collection, and I even have some that were given to me by a boy when I was traveling in India.

where (do you keep them) : In my house, where I continually move them around.

what (‘s a crazy/interesting story behind one) : This collection was a project I started with my best friend when we were very young. She lives in a different city now, but every once in a while she will still send me one in the mail; the last one, which I love, was sent to me from Amsterdam.

what (piece would you like to add): The Citröen 3CV, a car that was typical in my home country, Chile, in the 1970-1980s.

why (do you love them) : I love them because they add a lot of color to the house, they´re very cute, and I´ve always loved car designs.

which (one is your favourite) & why :
I have two: the first is the green Citröen DS, because its an amazing and very unique design, and even more so in miniature. The second is the Volkswagen Camper with a small trailer attached, because who wouldn´t love to own a real one?

what (else do you collect) : I collect small wooden birds, wooden soldiers, and I have a collection of glass siphons.


what do you collect, nicies?
.................






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!