Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the art of pie


:: homemade pies from around the blogosphere ::

................

good golly our family loves pies.

we had such a beautiful thanksgiving weekend: 
gorgeous balmy autumny weather. 
wonderful visits with our loving & lovely families. 
& delicious harvest-inspired dinners together, celebrating!

and most everyone agreed: the best food at a thanksgiving dinner? the homemade fruit pies!

my very fave is pumpkin pie. let's be honest: it's the best! 
i've included some of my other faves above. (& i threw in a yummy butter tart recipe (i know - not QUITE a pie!) cause i've learned over the years it's a canadian confection! what a great contribution to the world!) 

are you a pie lover?
what's your favourite flavour?
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Those all look delish!!!! My favorite is apple this time of year and peach in the Summer. My sisters and I always gather to have a "Pie Baking Day" once a year. We use our Grandma's flaky crust recipe and they're soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that sounds so fun, tessa! love communal baking parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh fun, littlered - saskatoon berry pie i'm guessing? can you make us some? i'll be over later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pumpkin pie. Only kind I usually eat, but it always reminds me of the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is Lemon Meringue Pie. My Nona made it best. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to start making holiday pies! I make a mean pumpkin and a beautiful apple pie from my great grandmother's recipe.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!