Thursday, April 21, 2011

my favourite things: smocking


:: top mosaic ::
clockwise from top left


:: 2nd mosaic::
clockwise from top left

..................

oh smocking!
you're right up there in my nostalgic favourite signs-o-springtime with crocuses popping up, pastel coloured painted eggs & Eastery bonnets!

it's an art i'd love to learn one day, but i don't think i have the patience quite yet.
so happy to see the revival of this fabulous art form in the past few years around here.
gorgeous!
just gorgeous!

what's your favourite Easter time artform?
ever smocked?
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. I am glad to be part of the smocking pretties! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love smocking, these are all so pretty!
    Thanks so much for featuring our Bag! (and check out our blog, we often blog about smocking :))
    ~StarBags

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty that I can't even choose a favourite!
    I've never attempted smocking, but I love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy to have you lola & star!

    and one perfect - that's so nice of you! we'll have to give it a go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smocking swoon - I too would love to learn this art. This wonderful woman makes me want to learn even more.

    http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2010/02/rosy-little-thing.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love smocking. Here are a couple of my projects:

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo gorgeous isn't it? my mum made me a dress with smocking at the top when I was young and it was my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merci beaucoup !

    Thank you for including my recycled man's shirt !

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous compilation of very diverse smocking work! lovelies pieces of embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love smocking! I've never tried (it looks so hard!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful springy items! not sure I have the patience to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for your comments, nicies!
it's a joy to read what everyone writes here.
thank you!